The causes of toxoplasmosis in newborns
Depending on the method of getting into the body of parasites, this disease is divided into the following forms:
Congenital. It is transmitted from mother to child in utero. The defeat of the body of a pregnant woman leads to a disease in a future baby. Toxoplasma enters the body through the placenta.
Acquired. Infection occurs as a result of contact with contaminated soil, sand, as well as due to non-compliance with basic rules of hygiene.
As for newborns, they can only have congenital toxoplasmosis. The maximum risk to children affected by whose mothers this disease appeared in the early stages of pregnancy. Since the fetus can not yet produce antibodies and fight the disease on its own.
It is important to know! Congenital toxoplasmosis in newborns is the most dangerous form of the disease! Because it leads to damage to the brain and the visual apparatus. But, at the same time, for a pregnant woman, it does not pose a particular danger, it runs without significant signs.
The causes of toxoplasmosis in newborns
NEW IN THE FIELD OF MEDICINE, BREAKTHROUGH IN TREATMENT OF PARASITES!
In the form of an effective cure for parasites, doctors are advised to take the drug “Intoxic”. At the heart of the funds are the operating elements of exclusively natural origin, they were grown only in places with 100% pure ecology, and have a proven effect that allows them to quickly cope with any kinds of worms.
Symptoms of the disease
How does infection occur in babies? Toxoplasmosis of newborns can occur without visible signs. But most often the disease is characterized by such symptoms:
- Retardation of fetal development in utero;
- Dysfunction of the liver, which leads to jaundice;
- Rashes on the skin of a diverse nature;
- Defeat of the central nervous system, which manifests itself in the form of calcifications in the brain and seizures;
- Eye damage.
Toxoplasmosis in a pregnant woman also causes premature birth. As for congenital toxoplasmosis in a child under one year, the disease can manifest itself in the form of such ailments:
- Increased body temperature;
- Improper functioning of the liver or spleen;
- Enlarged lymph nodes, most often on the neck;
- General weakness of the body;
- Persistent drowsiness;
- Allergic rashes on the skin;
- mental retardation;
- Strabismus and other disorders of the visual apparatus.
These symptoms indicate that the child’s immune system is weakened, that is, the body does not cope with the infection.
Important to remember! If the mother was infected during pregnancy with toxoplasmosis, the newborn needs a full examination! This will help to quickly identify the disease and start a fight with it in time.
Symptoms of toxoplasmosis
Diagnosis of toxoplasmosis in newborns
In order to diagnose this disease in newborns, you need to contact an infectious disease specialist. His actions will be aimed at carrying out such studies:
- Detailed examination of the baby. The doctor examines the general condition of the baby, his skin, the condition of the lymph nodes. Also takes into account the presence of pets.
- General blood analysis. Its result helps to detect inflammatory processes in the body.
- Biochemical analysis. It is required to detect violations of the liver or spleen.
Immunoenzyme analysis of blood. Determines the presence of antibodies to toxoplasm.
- PCR diagnostics. One of the most informative methods of research, as it helps to determine the presence of toxoplasmosis at the DNA level.
Based on the results of the studies, the infectious disease specialist diagnoses and prescribes the most effective and safe treatment, taking into account the individual characteristics of the course of the disease of each baby.
Important to remember! If a woman in late pregnancy has been diagnosed with toxoplasmosis, then the newborn is required to undergo a complete examination without fail from the first days of life!
Treatment of toxoplasmosis in newborns
This disease in infants can occur without any visible symptoms and complications. In such cases, treatment is not prescribed. Because this means that the child’s body has strong immunity, that is, it produces antibodies to toxoplasm. After a while the baby will fight a pathogenic infection on his own. But if there are severe symptoms, the child needs immediate medical treatment. How to treat acute toxoplasmosis in newborns? Complex therapy is aimed at using such medications:
Use of antimicrobial and antiparasitic drugs. For this, such drugs are used: Delagil, Chloridin, Trichopol.
The use of antibacterial drugs in combination with probiotics. The most common means of this group are: Bactrim, C